SUMMARY OF POSITION:
QR Code Link to This Post
The Facilities Maintenance Mechanic position will have experience in the maintenance of plant and farm equipment, as well as general building maintenance. This person will focus on the general repairs of the facilities and will assist with the maintenance and repairs as needed. Will communicate verbally as well as maintain written documentation of maintenance performed.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assist with general repairs of various equipment, buildings, electrical and mechanical systems
• Perform preventive maintenance and inspections; troubleshooting electrical problems associated with equipment, processes, and systems as needed
• Inspect facility noting major safety and/or breakdown issues and reports all safety concerns or deviations to supervisory management
• Prepare and update written work orders for tracking of all associated repairs and preventative maintenance activities
• Provide back-up technical support with forklift maintenance and repair
• Complete work assignments to meet requirements set up by the Maintenance Supervisor
• Follow BSI’s preventative safety program as directed by the Maintenance Supervisor
• Assists in maintenance and cleanliness of facility, equipment and grounds
• Follow all company policies and procedures
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees in this position. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities.
• High School Diploma or equivalent (GED).
• Valid driver's license
• Ability to work a flexible schedule based on business needs
• Forklift license a plus.
• Experience safely operating forklift, lift trucks, dollies and other loading and moving equipment used in warehouse operations
• Must have a minimum of 3 years ’in troubleshooting electrical system. electrical motors, controls, high and low voltage such as 24v all the way to 480v experience
• Work with pneumatic system as well as hydraulic cylinder
• Gears transmission, bearing, belts, augers,
• Welding / fabrication MIG, ARC, TIG, is a plus
• Work with electrical and power tools
• General understanding of mechanical repairs
• Flexibility to perform multiple roles
• Positive attitude and ability to work well independently and as a team
• Basic knowledge of protective equipment requirements, Lock-Out/Tag-Out, Fall Protection, OSHA, DFA and GMP as they apply to maintenance personnel
• Excellent communication skills written and oral
• Bilingual in English/Spanish a plus